In July 2009, the General Assembly passed SB 202 with budget provision 6.11(a) as part of the State’s efforts to reduce costs and duplication of efforts. This initiative went into effect on July 1, 2010. The Combined Pricing Initiative is mandatory for all campuses within the UNC system. It establishes uniform computer pricing and provides a number of standard configurations from participating vendors.
- All purchases of desktops, laptops and tablets are required to be selected from standardized CPI configurations.
- In some circumstances, exception requests are allowed.
- The MarketPlace e-procurement system must be used for all purchases.
- No purchase orders (POs), vouchers or campus Pcards can be used.
- Purchases must be selected from the UNC-approved list of vendors and products.