The university manages a central loan program under which it provides funding for projects under the guidance of the Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration and the University Treasurer. The benefits of this program include:
- Structuring of transactions on an aggregate, rather than by project, basis
- Continual access to capital for borrowers
- Predictable financial terms for borrowers
- Minimizing interest rate volatility
- Flexible timing on prepayment of loans without penalty
- Equity for borrowers through a blended rate.
Departments and auxiliaries can borrow for capital items, both large and small, depending on the source and plan for repayment.