Check with your departmental or college business office for specific instructions OR follow the general instructions below:
- Checks or cash received by campus departments (not in payment of a University Invoice) should be deposited no later than the next business day at the University Cashier’s Office. Please be sure to include the project and G/L account for the deposit.
- If the check is for payment of a University Invoice, please take the check to the University Controller’s Office no later than the next business day. These checks should not be routed through University mail; they should be routed either by armored car or physical drop-off at the Controller’s Office. ** Be sure to bring supporting documentation to ensure the payment can be properly applied.
University Controller’s Office Location:
Administrative Services II
2711 Sullivan Drive
Campus Box 7205
Raleigh, NC 27695
- Funds received in relation to Contracts and Grants (award payments, refund of expenditures, program income, etc.) should follow deposit instructions for payments/receivables.
- Deposits to Foundation funds (Ledger 6 projects) must be sent to either Advancement Services or FAI (Foundations Accounting & Investments) for processing. Deposits to ledger 6 projects should never be made through the University Cashier’s Office.
- If the deposit is for a gift, it should be sent to Advancement Services, where it will be recorded by Gift Processing and then forwarded to FAI for deposit.
- Additional information is available in the Advancement Services website, Standard Operating Procedures for Acceptance of Gifts link.
- Forms are located on the Advancement Services website.
- If the deposit is for other income, it should be sent directly to FAI, with appropriate documentation.
- The proceeds from all fundraising activities must be deposited into the legal entity from which they were marketed and/or solicited no later than the next business day. Please contact University Advancement for more information.
- Extension Centers should make deposits as needed into their local bank following the timing guidelines issued by the state in GS 147-77. Additional information can be found in REG 06.15.01 – Effective Financial Controls at the County Level.