- Assets are identified by Asset Management based on examination of vouchers, purchase orders, and invoices.
- Once a payment voucher is generated, the information is accumulated and pushed to Asset Management every two weeks in the form of a tagging list.
- Asset Management will then contact the AM Coordinator assigned to the department to arrange for the physical examination of the equipment.
- If the capitalization criteria are met, the equipment will receive a physical tag and the equipment information such as tag number, description, model, serial number, custodian department, location, and value are entered into the Asset Management System.
Fabrications are tagged when a notification of completion is received at firstname.lastname@example.org and the fabrication documents are submitted and approved. The fabrication documents must include:
- A listing of all the cost, vouchers and supporting documentation of the amount claimed for fabrication.
- An approved Fabrication Project Maintenance Request must be available per the PI-Portal and the Equipment indicator must show the grantor approved a fabrication.
Fabrication are tagged based on the order of the request.