1. Home
  2. Asset Management; Surplus
  3. Can I transfer an asset to another state agency?

Can I transfer an asset to another state agency?

Yes, you can.  State Regulations require all assets, capital or non-capital, purchased by a State entity be disposed of through the University Surplus Property Office. A transfer to another state agency is considered a type of disposal.


Assets may not be transferred to other agencies without proper approvals. Please review REG 07.40.01 – Disposal of University Property to ensure compliance with University policies. Guidelines are available per Uniform Guidance for Property Disposition.

Read more:

Asset Management and Surplus Manual, Surplusing Assets and University Property

Updated on December 1, 2021

Was this article helpful?

Need Support?
Can't find the answer you're looking for?
Contact Support