Allowable travel expenses paid with a PCard include:
- Car Rental
- For car rentals, do not select optional damage insurance (CDW/LDW). The University provides its own car insurance coverage when traveling domestically.
- Insurance can be purchased when traveling internationally.
- Fuel for Rental Car
- Lodging (Hotels charge State and Occupancy taxes which is allowed on the PCard)
- Make sure that only room, internet, and occupancy tax are charged on your folio.
- Incidental Charges such as laundry, movies, bottled water, room service, and phone call charges are not allowed.
- Third-party lodging is not allowed (ex: AirBnB, VRBO)
- Taxi, Uber, Lyft (you may include tip)
- Conference Registrations Are Allowed
- Meals included with the registration are acceptable.
- Add-on items such as awards banquets and working events are allowable when approved by the college/department.
However, per diem meals are never allowed. For additional resources, see PCard Cardholder Manual.
See related articles: