No. ETF funding cannot be used to pay faculty salaries or graduate assistants who are responsible for the class as the instructor of record. ETF funds are not a replacement for department or college funds that support personnel or equipment not directly related to student educational activities.
Acceptable uses of ETF include:
- Classroom technology
- Student computer labs and facilities
- WiFi and network connectivity that directly supports student learning and access
- Software tied to the educational process that is directly used by students
- Educational materials and supplies
- Laboratory expenses, including equipment and specialized software that is used by students in their courses.
- Field trips and other experiential learning opportunities
- Services that support student learning at the Departmental, College or University level e.g., Disability Resources, tutoring, academic coaching, accessibility, IT support, and other academic enrichment programs directly tied to the academic success of students.
- Personnel expenses for employees who work with student educational programs and activities, to include IT staff, graduate assistants teaching laboratories or other educational activities.